We're serious about any personal information of Explain Everything users and our strict policy protects your privacy. You can read it at any time.
When setting up a Group Account, you don’t necessarily have to provide any Members’ email addresses.
There are 3 ways to provide access to Explain Everything that doesn't require users' email.
- CODE invitation - as an Administrator of your Group you can have a number of students signed-up to your account, without providing their names.
- MDM configuration of devices - your school can choose a plan with a special configuration of devices that will allow students to use Explain Everything application without the need of registering.
- Using SSO system - a way of signing-up to the Explain account without providing your real email address.
To find out more about those methods read the rest of this article.
Invite with a CODE
You can distribute licenses for your Group Members by providing Invite CODES. This way users of your group won't have to enter their emails while registering.
- You can either configure the users’ accounts by real or generated names, such as: user1, user2, etc. and provide them with individual Invite CODES.
- You can provide a general CODE allowing anyone with it to join your group.
Watch the steps in this video instruction:
The option is available only with the Education Plan (EDU Group).
Pre-configure devices with an MDM solution
By using an MDM (Mobile Data Management) system you can configure your Members’ devices in a way that they don’t have to register with emails. Read how to deploy the app with the use of an MDM solution.
An MDM configuration won’t let Members use the Explain Drive feature. If you still want them to have access to the cloud but without the need to share their emails, generate Individual CODES as instructed above.
Note Managing licenses with MDM is also available for Explain EDU – an alternative solution for iOS-only deployments with certain constraints. Learn more about the differences between the Explain Everything Whiteboard and Explain EDU.
Use SSO (Single Sign-On)
Available to all types of accounts. You can register without an email if you use one of the single sign-on options that don't require them, like: Clever, Skoletube or Bornetube (for Danish users only). You can find them by clicking on the button: “Other sign in options”.
Another free email registration is Sign in with Apple. If your organization uses Apple IDs, Members can hide their email addresses while registering through the Sign in with Apple option to join your Group or Group Account.
Onboard your Group different ways.