Once licenses have been purchased and the application has been installed on devices, the licenses must be registered to users and devices in your institution.
For all deployments, you must first go to the purchasing account’s Explain Everything Drive profile where you can find your admin panel with all available options.
On iPad via MDM
iPad deployments via MDM can register user licenses so that individuals in the institution will not need to register an account with Explain Everything unless they want to upload content to the Explain Everything Drive.
- In the ‘Apps’ section of your MDM, search for and add the free Explain Everything Whiteboard app (not to be confused with the paid Explain EDU app).
- Add the application and assign it to users in the same way you would with any other free application.
- Go to the purchasing account’s Explain Everything Drive profile.
- Copy the 12-digit ‘Member accounts’ CODE.
- Insert the license CODE to your configuration.
- Once pushed to users, they will be able to use the application with all of the Premium features without needing to create user accounts. However, to use real-time distance collaboration and Explain Everything Drive, user accounts are needed. Follow the steps in the appropriate following subsection for user account creation.
For your specific MDM, click the link below and follow the steps for creating and adding an app configuration to push to your users/devices:
For any MDM that supports the AppConfig standard, such as Lightspeed Mobile Manager, please consult the screenshots of the JAMF/Casper/JSS examples as they utilize the common method for pushing app configurations. Also see http://appconfigforenterprise.org for additional reference.
Via Google Classroom
Register an Email Domain
Another option to distribute the app license is to automatically attach all new users from a given domain (email address @extension) to the Admin account. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to use this option.
Via CSV Upload (Email Addresses)
You can invite all of your students and teachers at once using the “Upload invitation list” feature. In order to do that, create a .csv list of your students or teachers. The list should include name;email headers, meaning their names and emails should be separated with a coma or with a semicolon. You can also create a list in Excel/Numbers and export it as a .csv file.
Note: It’s up to the administrator to check the “I have parental consent for users invited to my group that are below 16” checkbox. Due to European GDPR rules, this consent is required from at least the administrator/parent/guardian.
If this checkbox is left unchecked, then every user will need to flip the “on” the switch confirming their age to be over 16. If the admin’s checkbox is checked, then the field will be presented, but switching on the switch will not be enforced/required.
When your list is ready follow these steps.
- Log in to your Admin account.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner of the Explain Everything Drive.
- Go to My Account.
- Scroll down to the User Management section.
- Click Invite Users - Invite Members.
- Upload the CSV list with the button at the bottom of the screen.
- After the list is loaded, a popup message will appear asking if you want to send the invitations to the emails listed. You can also send them later by selecting Send emails.
Note: Invitations sent to existing free accounts will be automatically accepted.
After the list is uploaded, you can check the current status of the invitations and what display names the accounts have been activated with. You can also generate a new code for a given invitation or delete the invitation altogether. Please note that deleting an active invitation will not result in removing the account from your subscription.
Instruct users to visit https://drive.explaineverything.com and enter the copied Member Account CODE to begin account creation. A username and password are all that are needed.
Learn how to set up your Group with CODES and using other quick methods.
The Manager Account CODE can be distributed to teachers if you want them to be able to add and manage their own Member Accounts within the institutional account. A valid email address is needed to register a Manager Account.