The Draw Tool lets you create customized drawings and annotate your ideas using your hand or a stylus pen. Select the Draw Tool icon, choose the effect you want (e.g. a specific color or a drawing style) and start turning your ideas into creative illustrations or writing down comments to help your audience understand your thoughts.
TipEvery time you use the Draw Tool you create a new fully independent object that can be detached from the underlying layer and independently manipulated.
- Width: select the pen thickness for your drawings/annotations.
- Style and Options: select and switch between drawing styles to make your Explain Everything projects more unique. Select the Ruler icon to draw precise straight lines. Select it again to deactivate it when you don't need it anymore.
- Draw Fill: select this function to connect multiple drawn lines and fill the newly created drawing with the color of your choice selected in the Color Picker. Once a drawing is filled, it becomes an object but you're always able to change its color by using the Hand Tool and selecting a different color option from the menu.
- Complete Drawing: it turns your current drawing or annotation into a finished object and allows you to continue on to creating a new one. Once a drawing becomes an object, a blue size-indicating frame appears and you're no longer able to erase it using the Active Drawing Eraser. It is also worth remembering that drawings become objects automatically the moment a different tool is selected (except for the Highlighter).
- Color Picker: select a different color option for the fill and the stroke, or open the custom color palette (learn more about the Color Picker here).
The Highlighter acts a lot like the Draw Tool, however, its transparency has been automatically adjusted. Draw attention to selected sections of your project and mark them using vivid and translucent colors. Anytime you want to change its properties such as width or color, tap the Highlighter icon and switch between options.