As the admin of a group account you can decide about the security settings and integration possibilities for all users in your group. You can administer parental control settings, decide who can share Explain Drive projects, choose integrations for your group, and set up a password for the in-app web browser. In order to customize the default app settings, go to the App Configuration section of your account.
- Log in to your account in the Explain Drive.
- Click on your profile picture and choose My Account.
- Scroll down to the App Configuration section and select Configure.
- Scroll down and select Security and Integration.
Note Only users with the Admin role have access to the App Configuration panel.
- Import/Export Destinations – choose which sources will appear in the Settings > Integration tab. Here you can also set if users of your group will be able to share their Explain Drive projects as Public.
- Parental gate – set a parental gate that restricts children under 13 access to external sources. When this is set to ON, a user will have to confirm their age before logging into external sources and solve a small puzzle.
- Account Creation – Turn OFF to prevent ChromeOS/Android device-based licenses from being able to create Explain Drive accounts.
- Require browser password – control access to the in-app web browser via the New Browser option in the Add Media menu. Enable the switch and create a 4-digit passcode to lock the option. This passcode is needed to unlock access to the in-app web browser.
- Deploy Settings – save the current scheme and deploy settings to all users. Internet access is required for users to receive updated settings.
- Discard all changes – discard all changes made recently and bring back the most recently deployed settings
- Save – save the current scheme for later deployment.
- Reset – discard all changes and bring back settings to their defaults.
Each section has its own Save and Discard buttons to let you manage changes just in that section.