Explain Everything is a whiteboarding platform where people meet to share ideas and make them visual and clear so they can better understand each other.
Check the video for a quick overview of what Explain Everything can do.
What makes Explain Everything unique?
- Mixed-media playground on an infinite canvas
- Real-time and asynchronous collaboration
- Voice chat
- Recording, animation, and video editing
- Sharing recordings via Web Video Links
Things you can do with Explain Everything
- Collaborate and whiteboard together in real-time with voice chat on any-device, anywhere.
- Present on an interactive canvas for immediate control over your content.
- Create videos, just-in-time messages, stories, tutorials, and explanations by capturing your interactions and voice.
- Share your projects as images, PDFs, videos, or editable projects. Share them as Web Video Links so others can stream your Explain videos.
Who uses Explain Everything?
- Tutors and consultants
- Trainers and teachers
- Graphic and visual facilitators
- Storytellers and music teachers
- Continuous and visual learners
- Inside and field sales professionals
- Product developers and user-experience designers
- Active learning organizations, universities, and K-12 institutions
- People that need to explain or present complex concepts and connect with their audience
A project is where all the content you want to share or present is placed and edited. When you want to collaborate with someone, you invite them to a project. It is essentially a recordable, multi-slide whiteboard with an infinite canvas that you can edit by yourself or with other people. You can create as many projects as you like, limited only by your plan’s storage.
Projects can be organized in folders and shared with your organization, team, class, or customers. You can find and manage your projects in the Library.
As you start a new project you will see a Toolbar with creative editing tools to help you add, modify, and arrange the content you want to present or share.
- Add Media – import media files to your project.
- Draw Tool – annotate, draw, and write on the canvas.
- Hand Tool – move, arrange, and interact with elements on the canvas.
- Zoom and Pan – use to move around, zoom in, and out on the canvas.
Learn more about all the creative tools.
You can open up your project for others to join by selecting Invite. Depending on how you specify the privacy settings the invited people will be able to edit it with you or just view the presented content. Either way, you are always able to use the Voice Chat with people in the project to talk about what's going on.
Learn more on how to set up a collaboration.
At any point of time you can select Record, which captures your voice and all interactions with the content. This will create a “timeline” within the slide that you can later modify with timeline editing tools if you need. Each slide in your project has its own separate timeline.
For more information, check out introduction to recording.
Web Video Links
Web Video Link is the primary way you share your project recordings. To create one when in the project, select Share > Create Web Video Link. This will let you share just the video you created, leaving the project open for any further edits. Each Web Video Link contains a streaming video composed of the recordings in your project at the time your link was created. You can create as many Web Video Links as you like for your projects.