You can export your project as a GIF file to your device or the cloud, and easily share it with others.
GIF is a popular image format commonly used for short, looped, animated clips with no sound – make sure to make a recording first to make the most of this option. While you can also export a single static slide, that won't allow you to achieve the visual effect of animated images.
Note: You can export only one slide as a GIF file. Choose the slide you'd like to export when customizing your settings.
Tip: Looking for other ways to export your project? See the available export options.
Export project as a GIF
- While in the project, select the Share icon.
- Select Export.
- Select GIF.
- Customize your Export GIF Options.
- Once you're happy with your settings select Export.
- Choose your desired export destination.
Tip: If you made a recording, you can export your project as a GIF right from the timeline. Just select GIF in the timeline once you're ready with your recording and customize your Export GIF Options.
Export GIF Options
You can customize the way your file looks once you export it.
Your settings will be saved for the future every time you change them.
Note: The proportions and orientation of the exported file depend on the Camera Frame Options.
Select to change the name of the exported file.
Choose the proportions of the exported video. By default, these will be set according to your project aspect ratio. You can choose from the most common aspect ratios used in videos, the most popular movie aspect ratios, or use Custom to create the desired effect.
Once you select your aspect ratio, you can touch and hold the frame on the Preview to reposition it or use the handles to change its size. If you select Custom, the handles on the sides will appear to allow you to change the proportions of the frame.
Note: The area outside the frame will be cropped, so make sure you’re not cropping out anything important.
Select this option if you want to make the background of your file transparent.
This option lets you control the quality of the exported file. You can lower the quality to make the size of your file smaller and reduce its export time.
Select to change the resolution of the exported file. The higher the resolution, the better the quality of the file.
Reset GIF export settings
Select to bring the Export GIF Options back to their defaults.
You can export a part of your recording as a GIF file from the timeline:
- While in the project, start recording by selecting Record at the bottom of your screen.
- Select Record again to pause or stop the recording.
- With the Timeline opened, scroll the Timeline so that the red Playhead marks the start or the end of the selection.
- From the Timeline options choose the Selection icon.
- Scroll the Timeline so that the selection covers the part you'd like to export.
- Once you're happy with your selection, choose the GIF icon from the Timeline options.
Note: You can export the whole recording as a GIF file if you select one.
This option is currently not available in the web version of Explain Everything.